What standard of English is required?
All teaching and assessment at NCRQ is carried out in English, and you must be able to demonstrate that you have sufficient fluency in written and spoken English to cope with your course from the start. Therefore, all non-native English-speaking applicants must satisfy one of the following requirements:
- IELTS: overall score of 7.0 (with at least 7.0 in each of the four components).
- TOEFL (paper-based): overall score of 600 with a Test of Written English score of 5.5.
- TOEFL (internet-based): overall score of 110 with component scores of at least: Listening 22, Reading 24, Speaking 25, and Writing 24.
- Cambridge English: Advanced, also known as the Certificate of Advanced English (CAE): grade A if taken before January 2015, or a score of at least 185.
- Cambridge English: Proficiency, also known as the Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): grade B if taken before January 2015, or a score of at least 185.
- English Language GCSE: grade B or grade 6 (for IGCSE, please see below).
- English Language O-level: grade B.
- International Baccalaureate Standard Level (SL): score of 5 in English (as Language A or B).
- European Baccalaureate: score of 70% in English.
- A full time degree from a reputable university where the course was delivered and assessed exclusively in English.
We do not accept IGCSE in either First Language English or English as a Second Language as proof of English proficiency.
Evidence of English language proficiency
International students (whether English is their first language or not) must email proof of their proficiency in English to NCRQ immediately upon enrolment, and before access to materials is provided.
Where this is not received within two working days, and an automatic refund will be given.
Native English speakers outside of the UK can provide proof of this by supplying evidence that they are citizens of a country where English is the primary language (for example a British or USA passport etc).
Non-native English-speaking applicants who do not meet the requirements above will not be permitted to enrol.