- Location: Chester City Centre
- Salary: £23,000 – £25,000
- Hours: 36.5 hours, Mon – Fri
- Closing date: Midnight on Friday 9th November 2018
National Compliance and Risk Qualifications – NCRQ – develop and deliver exceptional quality, innovative degree-level accredited qualifications in Health and Safety. As an organisation founded on the concept of competence, we believe that providing people with the right skills and environment in which they can develop and grow ultimately helps drive our business success. That is why we are now the most popular health and safety qualification in the UK!
The ideal candidate may not necessarily have exacting qualifications for the role but we at NCRQ feel people can achieve great things if given the right opportunity and so we look for those who have what it takes to add value to our already high performing team regardless of their qualifications on paper.
The role will, however, involve interacting on a daily basis with current and prospective students and so the right candidate must have excellent written and verbal skills with experience of dealing with people over telephone, email and in person.
- Be the first point of contact for current and prospective students, and deal with administrative, technical and academic queries professionally and promptly via email and telephone.
- Process the registration of new students.
- Processing enrolments on the online learning platform, and assisting students with any technical issues that may arise.
- Issuing of assignments to students, recording and monitoring of progress.
- Allocation of assignments to our assessors, recording and monitoring progress.
- Issuing results to students.
- Arranging and undertaking validation interviews with all students via online video.
- Processing recommended awards, quality assuring data, and issuing certificates.
- Responding to student queries on our Student Support Forum. Monitor online and social media, answering simple queries and referring where appropriate.
- Assisting students with additional learning needs by implementing reasonable adjustments where necessary.
- Assisting students with a wide range of technical queries relating to IT.
- Raising and processing of invoices, occasionally taking card payments over the telephone.
- Recommending improvements to systems and student information to continually increase the quality of service to all students.
- Obtain and process information from spreadsheets and to create draft monthly reports.
- Occasionally assist with undertaking quality reviews of student records and performance data.
- Very occasionally to attend events to promote NCRQ qualifications (only where individual circumstances permit).
- Comply fully with the NCRQ Data Protection, Malpractice and Maladministration, Conflicts of Interest, and Health and Safety policies.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required.
Full training will be given in all aspects of the job as we believe some things can be taught, however ideally the right candidate will have the following capabilities:
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Awesome communication skills with a proactive approach to managing workload
- Excellent IT skills including the use of video software
- The ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- The ability to work under pressure to agreed deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of office administrative systems and processes
- A competitive salary
- Flexible start/finish times
- 22 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, rising to 25 days after three years’ service. In addition to this, we feel members of our team should not have to work over Christmas, and so you will also benefit from annual leave from Christmas Day to New Year’s Day (inclusive – that’s up to six days) for free!
- Employer-matched pension contributions (up to 10%)
- Childcare vouchers / cycle to work scheme / bus / train / car park season ticket loan
- Generous support for improving education and skills
- Free annual BUPA health assessment
- Free local gym membership*
- Free Chester Zoo membership (for you and a partner)*
- Employee wellbeing initiatives such as free monthly physiotherapy sessions
*as these are taxable benefits, you may be required to pay some additional tax if you choose to take these up – sorry!
Sounds good, how do I apply?
In order to give everybody an equal opportunity – our application process is a little different.
To apply for this position, all you need to do is send us your CV along with a short video clip (no more than 5 minutes) of yourself.
In the video clip, in addition to telling us about yourself and why you would be suitable for this position, please also complete the following task:
- Explain as you would to a student the steps they would need to take to unblock pop-ups on a Chrome internet browser.
We know that this is a little unusual but don’t worry, every member of our team have had to do this and dealing directly with other people is a key part of each and every role.
This allows us to assess most of the skills and attributes required for the role much better than reading a standard application form, reducing the number of unnecessary interviews and giving those without an extensive CV an equal opportunity for the position.
To apply please email both your CV and video clip directly to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recommend that you use WeTransfer www.wetransfer.com to upload and send the video to us but please don’t forget to include your name.
Any CVs received without a video clip will not be reviewed.
The closing date for all completed applications is midnight on Friday 9th November 2018.